Components are reusable units of the application projects . Components appear as nodes within the object list on the left side of the workbench window.
The Components(sub-objects) of an ABAP programs are :
1. Source Code : Instruction written by ABAP programmers that are interpreted by SAP ABAP language interpreter.
2. Variants : Input values that can change but not are frequently used
3. Attributes : properties of ABAP program like Program type, title ,created date etc.
4. Documentation : helps other programmers to understand program flow.
5.Text Element : Short description like report column heading .
Generally there are two types of ABAP programms .
- Reports ( interactive & traditional ) with selection screen and output screen.